Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Anacortes

The weather is overcast and muggy, but no rain. We headed back to the boat to continue cleaning and getting it ready to hit the water. We were able to get a 3:30 PM splash time. The folks from Ship Shape Yacht Care finished up waxing the hull and started on the house. They brought their one year old St. Bernard, Harley. She is gorgeous. Weighs about 130# and still growing. Her father weighs 165#. She and Merlin got along fine. She wanted to play but she is just too big. She did follow Merlin around. So cute! Atalo (the yard manager) was right on time to get Aquila into the water again for the 2010 season. Fred followed the boat and I went to car with Merlin to follow them out. I found out that I did not have my key with me. I called Fred was he was busy with the boat. So, Merlin & I walked to 2 blocks to the boat and left the car in the lot. We tied the boat up and started the engines. They came up and running quickly. When we moved to the slip we will occupy for 3 days or so we started to fill the water tank. After about 5 minutes Fred said “I hear water running”. I said yea, up here into the tank. He said no, it’s something else. We found that the bilge pump came on and was pouring out water. After some investigation, Fred found that the valves for fresh water were open to the bilge and flowing right out of the water tank. Well, fortunately it was a minor crisis and the bilge pump worked just like it should. We were working and tidying and both said “Oh s__t at about 5:15 PM. We couldn’t believe it. We had managed to get the car locked into the boat yard again! We just couldn’t call the owner again. He might kick us out of the marina. We decided that we would just stay on the boat (we have no food) tonight. I would walk up to the corner store and get some basic provisions. About half way to the store I saw Atalo driving past. He stopped for me and said he came back because he knew our car was locked in the lot. How sweet! Now we have the car and we can head back into town for some dinner. We were both feeling a bit frazzled to say the least. When we arrived back at the motel room, Fred received a call from our realtor. She said we received an offer on our house for the full asking price! We’ll see if it all pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment